Approaching Greater Depth – reading workshop
Chudleigh Knighton 04.12.18
- A focus was given to borderline GD readers across the 5 Central Hub schools.
- Intended to support progression for those who are securely ‘working at’ the expected standard to a ‘greater depth’ standard.
- Using the book ‘Smith’ by Leon Garfield, children worked in mixed school groups, using clues from the text to decipher more about the lead character.
- Children used inference skills and researched unfamiliar archaic language to come to conclusions.
- Children worked together to use key explanation and reasoning skills, often verbalising their answers fluently and precisely to the rest of the group.
Central Hub Country Dancing
Friday 16th November 2018
Children from our central hub partner schools of: Lady Seaward’s, Chudleigh Knighton, Westcliff and Willowbank came to Rockbeare for a morning of Country Dancing.
Mrs Burrows and Mrs Spencer-Smith taught the children different steps and then two dances – the Circassian Circle and King’s Silver Jig. It was great fun despite the dreary, grey morning.
Rockbeare children were very welcoming and new friendships were forged.
Years 5/6 took part in the Killerton Art Project where they were inspired by the suffrage movement to design their own protest banner on a modern theme. Rebecca's design of a banner protesting in favour of refugees was chosen by the class to recreate.