Year 4: Adding Fractions
Year 5: Multiply fractions by a whole number
On the optional worksheets, the difficulty is usually shown in the bottom corner of the page in a star.
D = Developing (mild)
E = Expected (spicy)
GD = Greater Depth (hot)
It can also be shown by the number of stars.
* = Mild
** = Spicy
*** = Hot
Maths Optional Worksheets
English - Reading
This week our English lessons are going to be based on Shakespeare's The Tempest. It’s one of his last plays, and one of his best-loved comedies. It is about a wizard who lives on a magical island.
Start by watching this video to introduce the beginning of the story (Don't worry if you can't watch it, there is a printable version too).
Read the beginning of the story in the Word document below.
1. Make sure you understand what you have read. You might want to read it twice. If there are any words you don't understand, ask an adult or look them up.
2. Make a list of the characters that have been introduced so far in the story and write a short sentence about each of them.
Now choose from the following sets of questions:
1. The part of the text you have just read is setting the scene for the story ahead. Summarise in 4 sentences what you know so far (pick out the key points for the story).
2. How does Ariel feel about themself? Why? Explain using PEE but remember to not just repeat the evidence again in the explaining part.
The part of the text you have just read is setting the scene for the story ahead. Summarise in a short paragraph what you know so far (pick out the key points for the story).
2. How does Ariel feel about himself? Why - give 2 reasons? Explain using PEE but remember to not just repeat the evidence again in the explaining part.
This version of The Tempest has a character list at the start of the story. Was it useful to you (the reader)? Was it
Year 4: Pulse and Rhythm
Year 5: Duration, Tempo and Beethoven
Joe Wicks has now scaled back his PE sessions to 3 a week - Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays.
Follow a PE with Joe video or choose one from Go Noodle.