We believe in the importance of involving parents and carers in school life, and as we navigate through the next stage of the Covid-19 pandemic we are hopeful that more face-to-face contact can be possible, in accordance with the school's risk assessment.
Opportunities to be involved:
- Walking Bus - each morning a group of pupils and parents make a walking bus to get to school safely and in an environmentally friendly way (details available at the school office or via FRSA)
- Being a part of the 'Friends of Rockbeare School Association' (FRSA) https://www.rockbeare-ce-primary.devon.sch.uk/frsa/
- Volunteering in school to share skills, support with trips or hear children read - please liaise with class teachers or the school office if this is something of interest. Volunteers are subject to a DBS check
- Open Classroom events - each term all classes, including Nursery will host an 'open classroom' event that provides an opportunity for parents and carers to come into school share learning and complete tasks together. Keep an eye on the school calendar and newsletter for these dates
- Insight meetings - these are short sessions, usually taking place straight after open classroom events and are used as a forum to share information and update parents/carers about specific topics - we encourage all parents to attend where possible
- Parent/Carer Workshops - to support you in helping your child to progress, we will host workshops that target specific aspects of the curriculum such as phonics or number. These meetings will be led by subject leaders and dates will feature in the school calendar and will be advertised in the school newsletter.
- Parent's Evenings are a termly event and will be a mix of virtual and face-to-face meetings. These are an opportunity to discuss your child's progress, attainment and next steps.
- End of Year Reports - reports are shared with parents and carers during the summer term of each academic year. Your response and feedback to these reports is valued (slips provided at the time).
- Have your say - across the year, as we strive to improve the learning journey that the children have, here at Rockbeare, we will send out surveys to gauge important information that will influence yours and your child's experience. Please do complete all surveys - thank you in advance!
Access information from previous insight sessions and workshops here:
Parent Information Meeting - RSHE - April 2021
An evening meeting was held to explain to parents how the school plans to deliver the statutory aspects of the RSE and the rationale. The first part of the PowerPoint presentation is about the statutory requirements of the EYFS and National Curriculum; what we currently teach. The second part goes through the new statutory expectations, and finally where the school is currently at.